Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and is a chance for everyone to get to know fellow bloggers and share lists. I love lists. Every week is a different list.
This week is Top Ten Blogging Confessions.
I've done one like this before, but let's see how it turns out this time. I have a lot of confessions I need to make. I am a bad book blogger.
- I abuse my books.All of them. Even the special signed ones. My copy of Candy by Kevin Brooks is falling apart it's been read so much, and it was one of my first ever signed books.
- I sometimes read crap books just so I can rage review them.RAWR. Because it feels so good to just let it all out and rip a book to shreds sometimes. And anything I read after is always going to be wonderful.
- Sometimes I bitch even when I like a book.Some of my reviews for 4 and 5 star reads are AWFUL. I guess I was just PMSing and took it out on the book.
- I'm bad at reading what I'm supposed to.I easily have over 200 review copies/ARCs/giveaway wins sitting unread and yet I buy even more books every week. I do get round to them eventually...
- My NetGalley ratio is appalling.Seriously, it makes me feel sick. I once had it up to 90% but then I got click happy and it's been below 40% ever since. I'm trying to read one a week but every time I up-date it I request more.
- I'm addicted to Goodreads.It's the first site I go on when I get up and the last site I check before bed. I've got the app to blame for that.
- I can't cope when Goodreads goes down.Seriously, I get all shaky and nervous and keep refreshing the page again and again. Then I go and vent a little on Twitter and refresh some more.
- I spend more time on Goodreads and blogs than reading.I spend more time reading what other people think about books than reading the books themselves.
- I get sad when I'm lonely.I always get sad when I comment on 100+ blogs and posts and reviews and only get two or three back in return. I know that those 100+ other people aren't all going to comment back, but it'd be nice if more of them did.
- I'm bad at commenting back myself.So yeah, a little bit of double standards. But I spend so much time on Bloglovin' visiting everyone that I forget who might have visited me. I've even scheduled in a little while on a Sunday for me to comment back to everyone now.