Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and is a chance for everyone to get to know fellow bloggers and share lists. I love lists. Every week is a different list.
This week is Top Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit.
Now, I read to escape. Escapism is hand down the BEST thing about reading for me. And despite me being a proper scaredy-cat when it comes to travelling, I have a list of places I just can't wait to visit thanks to books. Glorious books.
- LondonOK, so I've been here a few times before, but it was flying visits of a day or two each time. I want to properly explore, to see everything. Well, more things than I've seen
- New YorkI don't think this one needs any explanation!
There's something about the way Sarra Manning writes about Paris that just makes me ache to get myself there to explore.
- New OrleansThis is one that me and my buddy Faye really want to do together, a proper bookish over-the-top-touristy stay.
- VermontBlame Sarah Morgan for this one, I freaking love reading about Snow Crystal. I know, the resort is fictional, but the picture painted is gorgeous.
- The Welsh MarchesElizabeth Chadwick's Shadows and Strongholds is one of my most favourite books ever. Me and Steph want to do a tour of all of the castles.
Chadwick strikes again!
This is mostly because of Yorvik Viking Centre - I spend a lot of my reading time reading historical novels. And what better way to experience those stories than a living history museum? Also, York's pretty awesome.
There are so many books that paint this county as picturesque and so drastically different from where I stay myself.
Is it cheating to put where I already live? From Catherine Cookson to Valerie Laws, I love everything about where I live. Especially reading about it. Even a tiny mention by Elizabeth Wein in Code Name Verity made me smile. And the castles. SO MANY CASTLES.
|Where else is there a castle ten minutes walk away?|