This week is Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVOURITE
BOOKS SERIES from the past three years.
My actual all-time favourite list is subject to change. The top spot is always the same, because I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith is amazing and if you've never read it then you're seriously missing out, but when it comes to the rest of that list it's pretty fluid. And the past five years have been pretty epic for me when it comes to discovering new books and new authors.
These are my top ten favourite series that I've read/started in the past three years, and they're not necessarily that new themselves.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J MaasLets just throw the whole series in there as one entry, otherwise my whole list would be complete in just a few series. Throne of Glass has so many things going for it and although I didn't even like it at first it is AWESOME.
- Shades of London by Maureen JohnsonThis series! Seriously! I can't even... It's just amazing. I have a fierce love for ghosts and London and anything Ripper related, and this series blows my mind.
- At Somerton by Leila RasheedYou'll struggle to find any series as lavish and glamorous and sumptuous as this that still manages to stay completely down to earth.
- Prep School Confidential by Kara TaylorThis series was a bit of a surprise, because I hadn't been expecting to like it as much as I did. But with all sorts of mysteries and illicit happenings, I was hooked.
- Lacey Flint by Sharon BoltonYou know when you read a book with an unreliable narrator and you just don't know what to think and you're constantly on your toes and trying to figure out what's true or real and what's not? This book is the absolute master of it.
- Lockwood & Co. by Jonathan StroudOh look, ghosts have made the list again! I guess it's an addiction, but there's something irresistible about the supernatural.
- Lust in the Tudor Court by Elizabeth MossLet me just pause for a minute and fan myself. Because wow-sers, this series is HOT. Seriously hot.
- O'Neil Brothers (Snow Crystal) by Sarah MorganI am in love with Snow Crystal. If I could go to any fictional destination right now, I would chose Snow Crystal in a heartbeat. Because it sounds that amazing. And the people are so lovely. It sounds perfect.
- Oxford Blue by Pippa CroftThere's something about this series that I just can't put my finger on. Something addictive and sexy and clever. Something that I could read again and again. Maybe it's the awesome characters, the amazing storyline or the astonishing settings, but I'm in love. And I hate Valentina.
- Stalking Sapphire by Mia ThompsonI love Sapphire and how she lives this crazy double life, fooling almost everyone around her. I could barely stand the wait between the first two books and now I'm hoping and praying for a third. Because it was excellent.