Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and is a chance for everyone to get to know fellow bloggers and share lists. I love lists. Every week is a different list.
This week is Ten Reasons I Love... UKYA.
- The CommunityProbably the most accepting online community ever. I was a little nervous when I first joined in, but honestly? I had nothing to worry about.
- AuthorsThey're pretty much all crazy. But in a good way. And also so accessible to fans. I'm not afraid to reach out to any of them and ask questions or even just chat.
- Chats#UKYAChat is just all of the awesome. And Lucy Powrie who runs it each week is absolutely incredible.
- EventsThere aren't many up in the real North, but those that make it up here? Amazing. There's always something a little special, a little extra touch like swag or bags of crisps
- THE AWESOME BOOKSOut of all of the YA in the world, I can always tell when I'm reading UKYA. There's something special about it, something especially magical.
- There's always someone to talk toYou read a book, you go online and YES, SOMEONE ELSE HAS READ IT even though it's ancient and not popular and YES, THEY LOVED IT TOO.
- Pushing boundariesJunk by Melvin Burgess pushed every boundary ever and probably defines what UKYA is about, it's still totally relevant 20 years later but now it's not alone.
- EnthusiasmEveryone is always so enthusiastic about everything. Anything new or exciting is broadcast by everyone, everywhere.
- CoversIt's no secret that covers often change in different territories and with different publishers, but I think the UKYA ones are consistently stunning.
- SupportIf you ever have a bad day, the community and books will cheer you up no end. Except maybe Melinda Salisbury, she excels in breaking hearts and crushing souls.