Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and is a chance for everyone to get to know fellow bloggers and share lists. I love lists. Every week is a different list.
This week is Top Ten Books I'd Want on a Desert Island.
Not only are these some of our FAVOURITE books, but they are also ones that we could - and already have - read time and again, the ones we never get bored of.
These are the books that stay in my head, the books that I love to get lost in, the books that make me feel every emotion under the sun. They are books that I would recommend to absolutely everyone, and I am currently giving away one of them in the post before this.
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- Lucas by Kevin Brooks
- Junk by Melvin Burgess
- Darkmere by Helen Maslin
- Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild
- Shadows and Stronghold by Elizabeth Chadwick
- Geek Girl by Holly Smale
- Soulless by Gail Carriger
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
- Possessing Rayne by Kate Cann
I decided to chose these books as some of them have a desert, or arid dry setting to them. The Falcons of Montabard by Elizabeth Chadwick, follows the story of Sabin FitzSimon, as he travels to the Holy Land. Chadwick has a unique flair the bringing the Holy Land to life, and captivating the readers senses.
- The Magician's Guild by Trudi Canavan
- Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones
- Sabriel by Garth Nix
- Matched by Ally Condie
- Perelandra by CS Lewis
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
- The Wind Singer by William Nicholson
- The Doomspell by Cliff McNish
- Fated by Alyson Noel
- The Falcons of Montabard by Elizabeth Chadwick
What's your ultimate desert island read?