If you know me, then you'll know that I have a huge and profound love of UKYA. So this challenge is right up my street.
The following criteria decides whether an author can count towards the challenge:
- Authors who were born in the UK, live in the UK and are published in the UK
- Authors who were born overseas but are CURRENTLY living in the UK and his/her books were/are being published in the UK first
- Authors who were born in the UK are currently living overseas but his/her books are being published in the UK first
Each month, I am planning to read two books that fit the criteria. But, I am a mood reader, so planning out exactly what I'll read for the next year just won't work. There are several books I would like to tackle, so I'm listing out twelve of them and resolving to read them upon release.
Twelve brand new books I will definitely, absolutely read in 2017:
- A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard
Wing Jones by Katherine Webber
- Mind The Gap by Phil Earle
Margot & Me by Juno Dawson
- Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton
Waiting For Callback: Take Two by Perdita and Honor Cargill
- Forever Geek by Holly Smale
- Becoming Betty by Eleanor Wood
- One Italian Summer by Keris Stainton
- The Fallen Children by David Owen
- Contagion by Teri Terry
- Songs About Us by Chris Russell
Check back each month to find review links and monthly wrap-ups below! I'll be adding them as I finish.